Lloyd & Michelle Knevelbaard - Wellington, FL
1970 Nova SS Clone completely restored. Purchased on EBay, Sept. 2010, Completed February, 2011. Every nut, bolt, washer and screw has been replaced or refinished on this car and done right with 1970’s era specific exterior modifications.
Model: Nova SS Clone
Paint Color: Misty Turquoise
Wheel Size: 15 x 7
Tire Size: 225 6o 15 front / 255 60 15 rear BF Goodrich
Engine: Small Block 350
Transmission: Turbo 350
Rear End: (ratio): 3:73 Posi
Front Suspension: Original with poly bushings with 2” drop spindles
Rear Suspension: Hotchkis
Brakes: Font disc / rear 11’ drum
Exhaust / Headers: Hooker Headers into 2 ½” exhaust to Magna-Flow Mufflers
This car was purchased by my wife and I with the intention of just being a “driver”. The car was purchased on EBAY in Sept. 2010 and soon became a labor of love. I completely disassembled the car and it was returned to its original color, Misty Turquoise Metallic. The interior was restored to its original black as well. Every nut, bolt, screw and washer has been replaced or reconditioned. All new glass, chrome, moldings, bumpers, etc. Installed Vintage Air AC to look almost original. Modifications were done as ”period correct”, ie. Cragers, Lakewood Traction Bars, etc. I completed the car in March, 2011.
- Repainted Factory original Color: Misty Turquoise Metallic/ Sandox Clearcoat
- All new Green tinted glass
- All new Chrome and exterior window moldings, emblems, lamps, bezels, etc.
- New poly body mounts
- Crager SS wheels and BF Goodrich TA radials
- New fuel tank, sending unit, lines, etc
- Underside completely redone in factory Flat, Satin and Chassis black
- New engine and rear wire harnesses
- Original reproduction decals in all the right places
- Date coded, 1970 350/290HP small block (with aftermarket aluminum angle plug heads & roller rockers)
- 350 Turbo trans
- 10 bolt 3:73 Posi with Lakewood traction bars
- Edelbrock intake and carb
- Hooker headers with 2 1/2” exhaust to Magna-Flow mufflers
- MSD ignition
- All new/rebuilt front factory steering and suspension (Original A-arms with poly bushings)
- 2” Drop front spindles with new front springs
- Quick ratio power steering gear box
- Factory front disc brakes with new CPP Power booster and upgraded master and calipers
- Hotchkis Front anti-sway bar
- Rear Hotchkis rear leaf springs with poly bushings (2” drop)
- Upgraded 11” rear drums
Interior: (Done right… like it was the day it came off the assembly line) I wanted a factory stock look and feel.
- All new factory black interior including, carpet, headliner, weather-stripping, window felts, door panels, steering wheel, dash pad, etc.
- Factory tach (removed factory blank on right side of IP
- Factory AM/FM radio with upgraded internal features (iPod ready)
- New Vintage Air A/C (also done right to look almost factory)
- Firewall, floor board, doors and quarters were done with DYNAMAT (Car is quiet, solid and VERY Comfortable to drive, even on the hottest of days)
- Upgraded aftermarket 3 point front seat belts (safety)
- Trunk redone to a factory look (Trunk mat, spare, jack and lug)
Chevy 2 Only Parts:
Front fenders, radiator support, carpet, windshield washer pump, dash pad, steering column parts, fuel tank and associated parts, inner fender panels, a lot of interior parts.. and a host of other exterior and interior parts..too many to mention.