View full size.
May 2012 Featured Nova
Chino Hills, CA
- Year: 1963
- Model: Chevy II Super Sport
- Years Owned: 49 years in the family; personally owned for 30 years
- Final Assembly Plant: Oakland, CA
- Dealer Price: $2 602.00
- Paint Color: Ermine White
- Wheel Size: 15x3.3 fronts; 15x14 rears
- Tire Size: 26x4.5 fronts; 32x13.5 rears
- Engine: 350 ci Small Block Chevrolet
- Transmission: PowerGlide
- Rear End: (ratio): 4.88:1
- Front Suspension: Custom strut
- Rear Suspension: Custom four-link
- Brakes: Custom Wilwood four-piston fronts; Mark Williams four-piston rears
- Exhaust / Headers: Custom stepped headers to Borla mufflers
From the cowl tag, this 1963 Chevy II Super Sport started life on the third week of December 1962 in Oakland, CA. According to the original bill of sale that my grandmother gave me after I took possession of the car, the Chevy II SS was originally purchased by my grandfather on October 5, 1963 at Chase Chevrolet in Stockton, CA for $2,602.00. It has been in the family ever since.
My grandparents babysat me from the time I was an infant until I started kindergarten; this car represents my first memories of riding in a car. My grandfather loved this car and took great pride in maintaining and driving it whenever he could. I often rode sitting in the middle of the backseat, so I could see between the front bucket seats. I have nothing but fond memories of the short trips to the grocery store and the longer trips to places such as San Francisco and Lake Tahoe in the Chevy II. As I think back, it seems as if this car transported me to every notable place I visited as a child.
I have bought almost too many parts to list from Chevy 2 Only. The ones that come to mind are the windlace end caps, used A-pillar chrome pieces (which the body shop lost...), interior hardware kit, emblem hardware kits, headliner, dome light, arm rest kits, paint gasket kit, trunk and door weather strip kits, headlamp/parking, tail light wiring harnesses, etc.
Chevy 2 Only is your one stop for all of your `62 -`79 Nova needs.
Our inventory is one of the largest in the US. Along with our many years of experience with the Chevy Nova, we have many N.O.S, GM, and used parts as well as reproduction parts in stock. If you need a used suspension part, a complete rear end assembly, new interior kit, small interior part, or anything else, we can find it in our parts inventory!
Try shopping online by visiting our online store!