DID YOU KNOW?TO: Nova LoversDATE: 2012
Random Nova Facts
- 62 Nova hood hinges are different from 63, 4, 5
- 62 has a one year only turn signal switch. It is made of pot metal and the switch itself is lower on the column
- 62 Nova front inner fenders are different than 63, 4, 5--where hood hinges bolt on is a different pattern & the frame on the passenger side does not have a hole cut in it for the idler arm bolt to recess into.
- 66-67 Nova station wagon rear bumper braces are all to themselves. They are not as deep to keep the bumper closer to the body.
- 62-66 Novas have the same style lower coil spring seats. They have grease fittings and are missed most of the time when lubing the front end of a Nova. In 67 they went to the press in rubber bushing and discontinued the 62-66 style.
- 67 is a one year only steering column and steering box. Steering column is a safety style that is collapsible when involved in an accident. The steering box is the coupling style with a short shaft. On 62-66 models the whole steering shaft stays with the steering box.
Nova Engine Weight:
Iron: 520 lbs
W/ Aluminum Heads: 480 lbs
Aluminum: 389 lbs
Iron : 754 Lbs
Aluminium Heads & Iron Block : 660 Lbs.
Aluminum : 501 Lbs.
** THESE TECH ARTICLES WERE ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN SUPER CHEVY MAGAZINE **